Rev. Dr. Stephanie Buckhanon Crowder is an author, minister, and biblical scholar. Dr. Crowder earned a Bachelor of Science degree summa cum laude in Speech Pathology/Audiology from Howard University. She was the Student Commencement Speaker for her college graduation. She received her Master of Divinity degree from United Theological Seminary and earned its Anderson Theology Award.
Dr. Crowder received Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Religion (New Testament) from Vanderbilt University. She was a Fund for Theological Education Dissertation Fellow, a Wabash Center for Teaching Fellow and a Louisville Institute Summer Grant recipient. Dr. Crowder has published in The Chalice Introduction to the New Testament, True to Our Native Land: An African American New Testament Commentary and The African American Lectionary.
Many of Dr. Crowder’s sermons have appeared in the Nashville newspaper, The Tennesseean. Her biweekly blogs can be found on The Huffington Post. She has an upcoming article on New Testament themes in R and B music and recently signed a contract to write a book on womanist ideas of motherhood. Dr. Crowder serves on the Editorial Boards of ON Scripture, a pop culture online commentary, and Feasting on the Gospels, a revised common lectionary commentary series.
Some of Dr. Crowder’s additional ministry highlights include serving as:
· Keynote Bible Lecture- Disciples National Convocation Biennial Session
· Presenter- “Stewardship and the New Testament”- Disciples Pre- Assembly Event
· Lecturer- 143rd Annual Tennessee AME Churches Conference
· Program Minister-Tennessee Labor Managers’ Prayer Breakfast
· Commentator- Baptist Center for Ethics, Nazareth Manifesto- Luke 4 DVD
· Program Speaker- Inaugural Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Dorothy Brown
· Program Director- MICTAN HIV/AIDS Training Network
· Program Minister- Regional Meeting and Boule General Meeting of Alpha Kappa
Alpha Sorority, Inc.
· Keynote Speaker- TN/VA Sprint Managers Training
Dr. Crowder is married to Rev. Dr. William E. Crowder, Jr., Pastor of Park Manor Christian Church in Chicago, IL. The Crowders are the founders of Move the Crowd Ministries. They have two sons.