The people of South Sudan are about to make history. On July 9th, 2011 Southern Sudan will celebrate their Independence as a new Nation. January 9th 2011, the Sudanese voted in a referendum to declare themselves an independent country but the birth of this new nation may mean military invasion by powerful North Sudan.
News about South Sudan
- A Season of Prayer with the people of Sudan - ELCA calls for prayers until July 9 when South Sudan will become an Independent Nation.
- Results for the Referendum of Southern Sudan
- US Welcomes Sudan Referendum Results
- Sudanese president asserts North Sudan's Arabic, Islamic identity
- Key challenges for Southern Sudan after split
- Southern Sudan votes to split from the North
- Young Sudanese Start Protest Movement through Facebook Group
- Referendum Results from Khartoum: Christoph Schneider-Yattara's Blog